Oklahoma Educators Trip to China
The Oklahoma Educators Trip to China is sponsored by OUCI. The goal of the trip is to provide school, university, and library administrators with an opportunity to experience China firsthand and to begin or expand their Chinese language and culture programs.
Led by Dr. Paul Bell, Dean Emeritus of OU's College of Arts and Sciences, this two-week trip includes visiting Beijing Normal University and its affiliated schools and libraries to meet with higher education and K-12 school educators and observe classes. It also includes building meaningful partnerships with Chinese schools, networking with colleagues, and enjoying China's rich cultural traditions and modern development. In addition to visiting Beijing and Shanghai, day trips to historic Hangzhou and beautiful Suzhou are also being planned.
Applications will be accepted on rolling bases. We will review applications as they are received, we will inform you of your acceptance within a week of your application. However, since space is limited to 10, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to secure your spot. The final application deadline is Thursday, April 27, 2017.
Thursday, June 8 to Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Tentative Trip Itinerary
The following itinerary is subject to change, but is intended to give you an idea of what the trip will include:
Cost to Delegates
Participants are responsible for a $500 non-refundable registration fee, and the following costs:
- International airfare Oklahoma City/Tulsa to Beijing on June 8, and back from Shanghai to Oklahoma City/Tulsa on June 21, estimated around $1500 (this is subject to change). We will recommend a travel agent for you to book your ticket, or send you the itinerary for you to book your own ticket.
- International travel insurance: approximately $75 - $100 dollars.
- US passport application fees.
Single Room Supplement: $300 per person (Optional)
What is included?
The following costs are covered by the program:
- Travel costs in China, including hotel accommodations, group meals, tour guides, admission tickets, and local and inter-city transportation costs.
- Chinese tourist visa fees and visa application handling fees.
- Pre-departure orientation by OU Confucius Institute, trip guide, and post trip celebration.
Do I need a passport?
- Yes! Delegates are required to have a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity from the date of departure (i.e., with a date of December 8, 2017, or later). Proof of a valid passport will be required to confirm participation of selected applicants.
- Note: If you do not have a valid passport, please obtain one immediately. For more information, please visit http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english.html.
Do I need a visa?
- Yes, you will need a visa from the People's Republic of China, but this process will be coordinated by OUCI.
How to Apply