Oklahoma Education Administrators Trip to China
The Oklahoma Education Administrators Trip to China is sponsored by OUCI. The goal of the trip is to provide school, university, and library administrators with an opportunity to experience China firsthand and to begin or expand their Chinese language and culture programs.
Led by Dr. Paul Bell, Dean Emeritus of OU's College of Arts and Sciences, this two-week trip includes visiting Beijing Normal University and its affiliated schools and libraries to meet with higher education and K-12 school educators and observe classes. It also includes opportunities to build meaningful partnerships with Chinese schools, network with colleagues, and enjoy China's rich cultural traditions and modern development. In addition to visiting Beijing and Shanghai, a day trip to beautiful Suzhou is also being planned.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We will review applications as they are received, and inform you of your acceptance as soon as possible. However, since space is limited to 10, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to secure your spot. The final application deadline is Friday, April 6, 2018.
Wednesday, June 6 to Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Tentative Trip Itinerary
The following itinerary is subject to change, but is intended to give you an idea of what the trip will include:
ITINERARY (tentative) 2018 OK Education Administrators Trip to China
What is included?
The following costs are covered by the program (Approximately $3000 - $4000):
- Travel costs in China, including hotel accommodations, most meals, tour guides, admission tickets, and local and inter-city transportation costs.
- Pre-departure orientation by OU Confucius Institute, trip guide, and post trip celebration.
Cost to Delegates
Participants are responsible for a $500 non-refundable registration fee due after your application has been approved.
Participants are also responsible for the following costs:
- International airfare Oklahoma City/Tulsa to Beijing on June 6, and back from Shanghai to Oklahoma City/Tulsa on June 19, estimated around $1500 (this is subject to change). We will recommend a travel agent for you to book your ticket, or send you an itinerary for you to book your own ticket.
- International travel insurance: approximately $75 - $100 dollars.
- US passport application fees, if necessary.
- Single Room Supplement: $300 per person (Optional)
- Tips for tour guides and other incidental expenses.
Do I need a passport?
- Yes! Delegates are required to have a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity from the date of departure (i.e., with a date of December 8, 2017, or later). Proof of a valid passport will be required to confirm participation of selected applicants.
- Note: If you do not have a valid passport, please obtain one immediately. For more information, please visit http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english.html.
Do I need a visa?
- Yes, you will need a visa from the People's Republic of China, but this process will be coordinated by OUCI.
How to Apply