Each year OUCI offers Chinese teachers a range of opportunities for professional development. Please check back soon for updated oppurtunities. OUCI also recently helped to establish the Oklahoma Chinese Language Teachers Association (OKLCTA), please visit the OKCLTA website for a variety of professional development events, funding, and resources.
OUCI also works closely with the Oklahoma Foreign Language Teachers' Association (OFLTA). Please check the OFLTA website for upcoming professional development opportunities.
OUCI has an extensive Chinese teaching and language library with over 4500 print and media resources. The library is located at the OUCI Norman office. Please contact us to schedule an appointment to come by.
OUCI partners with Oklahoma schools and universities to provide teaching materials, funding to support teaching staff, and tools for Chinese language and culture programs. Current Confucius Classroom Programs:
- University of Central Oklahoma
- Northeastern State University
- Santa Fe South High School
- University School - University of Tulsa
- Edison Preparatory High School
- Owasso High School
- Madison Elementary School - Norman
- Cleveland Elementary School - Norman
- Monroe Elementary School - Norman
- McKinley Elementary School - Norman
- Roosevelt Elementary School - Norman
- Eisenhower Elementary School - Norman
For universities and K-12 interested in starting a Chinese language or Confucius Classroom program, please contact Sharon Gou at (405) 325-0208 or email@example.com.