2017 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp Confucius Institute (OUCI) at the University of Oklahoma
Chinese Bridge Summer Camp is designed to enhance understanding between American and Chinese high school students. Through a combination of classroom study and excursions, students will have a unique opportunity to expand their language skills while experiencing China's rich culture, tradition, and history.
Dates: July 15th – July 27th, 2017 (Approximate Date)
Activity Locations: Arrive in Beijing and stay at Beijing Normal University (BNU) for 9 days where students will study Chinese, participate in cultural activities, and see sites around Beijing. We will then travel to Shandong province to visit the hometown of Confucius and see the famous Taishan Mountains.
1. Round-trip air ticket-$1,700.00-$2,100.00 2. Program fee-$800.00 (includes visa) 3. Travel insurance-$50.00 – $75.00 4. Spending money-$200.00 +
Costs while in China:
Travel, entry fees, meals, and lodging are covered by Beijing Normal University. Extra costs incurred by the participants include souvenirs.
During the program, students will study the Chinese language and culture (paper cutting, calligraphy, brush painting, martial arts, etc.), participate in various sports and cultural activities (informal basketball games, international student get-togethers, host family experiences, etc.), and visit points of interest and sites of natural beauty in China.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
Student applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited public / private high schools meeting the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen
- Ages 14 to 18 (by July 2017), grades 9-12
- Includes 12th graders who will graduate this summer (2017)
- Includes 8th graders who are going into the 9th grade (2017)
- Excellent academic record
- Physically capable of international travel
How to Apply:
- Print out, complete, and e-mail or mail the OU application form back to us (See address below).
- 1 recommendation letter from a teacher.
- Send $150.00 deposit check payable to the University of Oklahoma to us (see the address below).
Submit application materials by mail or e-mail by April 7th, 2017:
Mail to: Rex Burnett or Alisa Dougless
The University of Oklahoma
4502 E. 41st street room 1J39
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135
Phone: 918-660-3497 Fax: 918-660-3490 Email:
Phone: 918-660-3488 Fax: 918-660-3490 Email:
Check out 2015 and 2016 trips to China!